Fitness, Running and Nutrition Forum  

Go Back   Fitness, Running and Nutrition Forum > AthleticRunner > Steroids and SARMS Information
Register FAQ Auctions Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-25-2009, 02:49 PM   #1
BTYow
Shy

: ()
BTYow is an unknown quantity at this point
Morning Runs? To eat or not!

So I run 4 miles a day & Im trying to go from running in the afternoons to running in the morning 6am-7am around that time. Here is my Dilema Should I have a bite to eat before my run? I get hungry in the mornings but I dont like to eat before my runs since I usually get a side ache......... but I have heard that running on an empty stomach is Bad. So what Do I do, Any advice?

Old 06-11-2009, 07:07 AM   #2
shegodemona
Shy

shegodemona is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Morning Runs? To eat or not!

I always eat as soon as I wake up. Try eating a banana or energy bar with water, those should be light enough to give you energy and fresh fuel without slowing you down or giving you a cramp.
Old 06-18-2009, 05:13 PM   #3
TheInjuryCoach

TheInjuryCoach is an unknown quantity at this point

You should definitely try to eat something before you head out the door. Your body has been fasting for 7-9 hours, you shouldn't expect it to perform well after no fuel for so long. As long as you're not eating too much and give yourself 10-15 minutes for the food to settle, you shouldn't get a side stitch. You'll also adapt to having food in your stomach.

My favorite morning meal before a run: half an energy bar, half a banana, and half a cup of coffee. In addition to at least 10oz water.

Cheers,
- Jason.

Old 07-16-2009, 10:07 PM   #4
BTYow
Shy

BTYow is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks guys! Great advise!
Old 10-08-2009, 04:04 PM   #5
kjean11
Unheard

kjean11 is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking Re: Morning Runs? To eat or not!

well in many ways i can say ever since high school i have always got something to eat but it was more raw if anything. for example i would take two raw eges one before i run and the other at the halfway mark. i currently run 20 miles everyday at 3 am, i only hydrate myself 30 minutes prior to my run so i have to water to drink while running and i substitute licking my arms for my thirst of water, although it is a little extreme it works for me. I'm not considering for others to try this extreme form of mythology but it works. PS i would have to say that the eating part all counts on what try of runner you are, age determines what good for you to do wheather to eat or not and mostly inmport is the distance in which you are concuring. i run 20 miles each day so i must have something to burn off.
Old 10-12-2009, 11:58 PM   #6
Bennuendo
Beginner

Bennuendo is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTYow View Post
So I run 4 miles a day & Im trying to go from running in the afternoons to running in the morning 6am-7am around that time. Here is my Dilema Should I have a bite to eat before my run? I get hungry in the mornings but I dont like to eat before my runs since I usually get a side ache......... but I have heard that running on an empty stomach is Bad. So what Do I do, Any advice?
Working out first thing in the morning on an empty stomach isn't that bad if you're not going to work out long. BUT you're talking about running 4 miles, so you'll probably want to eat just a little bit. If you normally get a side ache from food, then try mixing up a shake for your early morning meal.
Old 10-21-2009, 10:48 AM   #7
Beverly Stayart
Beginner

Beverly Stayart is an unknown quantity at this point

You should not run on an empty stomach. A cereal bar or energy bar and 8 ounces of water should be sufficient.
Old 01-12-2010, 07:40 PM   #8
JoeC
Shy

JoeC is an unknown quantity at this point

If you are running easy, it's ok not to eat!!!

Last edited by Peace_Hope; 01-17-2016 at 06:49 PM..
Old 03-01-2010, 05:46 AM   #9
shane
Learner

shane is an unknown quantity at this point

I think you have to eat something before going for the morning running ,4 mile is not that easy to run its a big distance .. you should take some fruits like apple with you , when you fell hungry then should eat....
Old 03-09-2010, 03:17 PM   #10
runwithjill
Shy

runwithjill is an unknown quantity at this point

Definitely get something in your stomach. I'm a morning runner and not a morning eater! Here are some of what I try to eat before heading out the door: shot of GU gel, eat a banana, applesauce, yogurt, or 1/2 of a powerbar.
I used to not eat anything and didn't think much of it until I did start to eat something and my runs were so much better. I had more energy and run faster with some food energy

Good Luck
Closed Thread