Fitness, Running and Nutrition Forum  

Old 08-30-2009, 09:47 AM   #1
alice1822
Unheard

: ()
alice1822 is an unknown quantity at this point
The FDA must be insane.

Hi; I'm not really so much a runner for the love of it. But I have a rather important test coming up, and I understand that diet and exercise play a large role in performance. So I've been exercising 30-60 minutes a day (not much change there, actually), getting up at the time I'll need to for the exam (HUGE change), and I looked at the FDA's recommendations, drew up a plan for meals, and was going to follow that (again, a huge change).

My problem is that it's SO MUCH FOOD. I normally eat MAYBE 700 calories a day - I just don't feel like I need any more food. 2,000 calories? They must be insane! And I can't help but think, "No wonder Americans are fat." I want to deviate from this plan, and drastically, but I still want something that will help me be in good shape for the test.

Questions, comments? Am I the crazy one?

Old 10-01-2009, 10:58 PM   #2
shane
Learner

shane is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: The FDA must be insane.

Every one whether a kid or adult both like Chocolate, candies and sweats. Sometimes we include these in our dinners and parties to surf our guests. A recently research conducted about eating chocolate and candies and their affects on human behaviors showed very interesting results.
“Children who eat candy and chocolate every day are more likely to be violent when they grow up because the instant gratification can nurture impulsive behavior”, according to a U.K. study published today.
Old 10-04-2009, 12:24 PM   #3
Beverly Stayart
Beginner

Beverly Stayart is an unknown quantity at this point

Very interesting UK study about the effects of candy and chocolate on children and later as adults.

Old 10-04-2009, 04:22 PM   #4
NBorchers
Shy

NBorchers is an unknown quantity at this point

700 calories sounds like a very small amount. Depending on your size, 1500 - 2000 calories a day isn't really that much.
Old 10-13-2009, 12:04 AM   #5
Bennuendo
Beginner

Bennuendo is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by alice1822 View Post
Hi; I'm not really so much a runner for the love of it. But I have a rather important test coming up, and I understand that diet and exercise play a large role in performance. So I've been exercising 30-60 minutes a day (not much change there, actually), getting up at the time I'll need to for the exam (HUGE change), and I looked at the FDA's recommendations, drew up a plan for meals, and was going to follow that (again, a huge change).

My problem is that it's SO MUCH FOOD. I normally eat MAYBE 700 calories a day - I just don't feel like I need any more food. 2,000 calories? They must be insane! And I can't help but think, "No wonder Americans are fat." I want to deviate from this plan, and drastically, but I still want something that will help me be in good shape for the test.

Questions, comments? Am I the crazy one?
700 calories a day does sound pretty low to me.. You should find out what your Basal Metabolic Rate is so that you know an estimate as to how many calories you should be eating daily just to stay alive, not including any activity. 2000 calories a day is just an average value and isn't for everyone. You have to find out what works best for you and your goals. Big, muscular bodybuilders can't get by on just 2000 calories a day and then there's people that don't even need 2000 calories.
Closed Thread