Fitness, Running and Nutrition Forum  

Go Back   Fitness, Running and Nutrition Forum > AthleticRunner > Steroids and SARMS Information
Register FAQ Auctions Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-12-2006, 01:26 PM   #11
Bowlerguy92

: ()
Bowlerguy92 is on a distinguished road
Re: Running Clothes

I dont use any of that newfangled garbage. I use loose shorts or sweatpants depending on the season and a loose sleeveless shirt and maybe some sun glass. I dont need a 80 dollar spandex jumpsuit for running.

Old 08-13-2006, 06:55 PM   #12
snake
Apprentice

snake is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowlerguy92
I dont use any of that newfangled garbage. I use loose shorts or sweatpants depending on the season and a loose sleeveless shirt and maybe some sun glass. I dont need a 80 dollar spandex jumpsuit for running.
I grew up running that way and am more than happy to never go back. In fact, I am lucky to have survived, especially in the winter! Winter running when the temp is zero is when I especially praise new clothing technology.
Whatever you do, don't ever borrow anyone's "newfangled garbage" or buy that wicking tank just to try it because it was only $2 on clearance, or you too, will cross the line to the other side.
Old 08-13-2006, 07:23 PM   #13
Riggy
Learner

Riggy is on a distinguished road
Wink Re: Running Clothes

Quote:
Originally Posted by eneagirl
There is so much new technology and clothing material out there... Any recommendations on best types of materials these days for the outdoor and indoor runner?

I've read a little about materials that actually pull the sweat away from the body - similar to dry weave effects in pads.
I've recently bought several running tops that are made from Microfiber. It is known for doing exactly as you explain above...moving wetness away from the body into the material. I really like it because I no longer feel somewhat weighted down by a sweaty T-shirt clinging to me.

Riggy

Old 08-13-2006, 09:47 PM   #14
Discus_Girl

Discus_Girl is on a distinguished road

Underamour makes a huge difference. I wear compression shorts & a t-shirt under my regular cotton running clothes. They have hot and cold wear. Wicks away sweat or keeps the heat it. Great stuff. Inexpensive if you look in the right places.
Old 08-15-2006, 10:05 AM   #15
mommyX2
Beginner

mommyX2 is on a distinguished road

I usually just wear a pair of cotton shorts and a t-shirt maybe I need to think about what I am wearing a little more. I suppose that I could look for something that will keep me cooler, but is there anything that will cover me up completly, I have some flab from the kids.
Old 06-07-2007, 02:58 AM   #16
ashish1987
Learner

ashish1987 is on a distinguished road

i use a tee and shorts or track pants depending on the chill outside...
Closed Thread